Thursday, March 11, 2010

27 Days Left

Only 27 days remain until Opening Day is here for the Milwaukee Brewers!

In order for this time to pass by quickly for me, I have taken on liking the Milwaukee Bucks (yet again). I was always a fan of this team in the later part of the 90's and early 2000's (Eastern Conference Finals). Hell, I won some good money out in Vegas, betting on the Bucks. Granted, I, like many other fans had jumped off the band wagon. But I am now back on it.

The Bucks are the hottest team in the NBA, since January. They have won 10 of their last 11 games and hold the 5th seed in the playoffs. Their only lost came to Atlanta a few weeks ago in overtime.

Now back to the beloved Crew.....

MLB's "30 Days 30 Clubs" is going to profile the Brewers next week Friday. You could set the dvr, but it's going to be on through out the following week numerous times. This is the show that I absolutely love watching; well this show and "Seasons". They spend an entire hour on the Crew and critique every part of this young team.

Sporting News (which I like better than SI) did their season preview on the Milwaukee Brewers. HERE it is. Oddly enough, they handed out a "B" to the offense. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Milwaukee SHOULD have the most powered offense in the National League and compete with the Cardinals and the Phillies. Of course, the edge will probably go to the Cards; but the Brewers will be right there at the top. Especially if Casey McGahee repeats his performance from last season; Weeks & Hart bounce back and Carlos Gomez improves his horrible swing.

Trevor Hoffman has been taking it easy so far in Spring Training. That's fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment