Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rightfully so....

Melvin and Co. made some drastic moves to the team today. JJ Hardy was sent down to AAA and Billy Castro was fired. I asked for Billy's head early in the season, but then the staff put together 18 solid starts. So I shut my mouth. It's evident that they are missing Maddux right about now.

Billy Hall was designated too! The Crew has 10 days to decide what to do with him. No one is taking his salary though. So he'll accept his new role as Nashville's star player.

Alcides Escobar was called up from Nashville and will be starting at SS. That's great news.

JJ has been an underachiever since his debut. He will heat up for a month and then simmer down the following two. He played a huge role in the post-season last year, but it ultimately didn't matter because they lost the NLDS.

Castro spent 17 season with the Crew as a coach. He's now unemployed. I knew this is what would happen if they did give the title to Castro....there's a reason why pass managers didn't do it!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why they sent down Hardy and shitcanned Castro, however Hall. Are you seroius? He is coming off one of his best games of the season. Regarless of his batting he is a diverse and great defensive player. The crew will be kicking themselves in the ass for not giving him a "fair" chance this year. Mark it down! He will find a different team, different manager and have the same caliber year like 2006. And speaking of manager why isn't smucha in the mix? Seroiusly, I never thought I would say this but I think Randolph should be given the position. Prior to the start of the season I didn't think much of him, however he seems like the right fit and I really don't know why.

    ReplyDelete