Monday, September 26, 2011

94-65: Crew cruises past Fish in series sweep.

Milwaukee, not showing any signs of coasting through the final days of the season, cruised to a victory yesterday afternoon against the Fish. I will admit, I didn't even tune it because I watching the Packers play. Granted, I should've because we're only days away from October baseball starting, but I have been on baseball overload as of late. Friday & Saturday's games drained me. How cool was that? My gully.

The Brewers set a Miller Park record with their 55th win of the season, by beating Florida 9-5 behind Chris Narveson's (11-8) nice outing.  He went 6.1 innings allowing 4 earned runs on 5 hits, 5 K's and 5 walks. 
It was the bullpen, the unheralded bullpen that has been the reason behind Milwaukee's pennant, that closed it down. K Loe went 1.1 innings and gave up an earned run, while Hawkins & Estrada finished it off. 

Ryan Braun hit his 33rd HR of the season.  If he doesn't win the MVP....my gully.

Enough with the game....how about the NLDS....

Who will start at 3B?  It's looking more and more like Casey McGehee will be the odd man out.  Jerry Hairston, Taylor Green, and Counsell will probably all take starts, with Hairston probably getting 2 starts in the NLDS.   Casey is 4 for 52 and his BA has dropped to .224 on the season.  Not exactly what you want to see at the corner.  He also has 20 errors, which is good for 3rd worse in MLB.   

Don't forget that Milwaukee is hosting a playoff rally on Thursday down at the Summerfest grounds. 

My name was NOT selected in the ticket lottery.  This made me sad.  I suppose I should've entered a few more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment