Tuesday, June 8, 2010

David Riske activated / Draft updates

David Riske was reinstated for tonight's game against the Cubbies. He will probably be called upon if the Crew falls behind late in the game, potential mop-up duties to ease him in (just a hunch).

As for today's draft picks:

Milwaukee selected a butt load of pitchers from the collegiant level and a popular pick in 1B Hunter Morris from Auburn. This kid was drafted back in 2007 by the Boston Red Sox in the 2nd round, but was not signed (opted for school instead). Everybody in Brewers Land is thinking the obvious....another Mat LaPorta pick? Well, let's hope not....he was sent down to AAA (thus making the CC deal look even grander...all you Melvin haters).
*also note Tom Haudricourt's reference to "someone commented" about drafting a 1B. That was none other than me!

So I will go ahead and say it....My favorite pick of the draft is Hunter Morris. This kid will crack the big league roster by 2013. I will now go back and see how my other "locks" have faired. I know I liked Kentrail Davis and Brett Lawrie in the past couple of years, both of which are still in the minors. I had Lawrie hitting the active roster this season (september) and Davis in 2012 (long shot at this point).

Here some more selections....

This kid has the power and is slated to be either a 1B or a corner OF.

The oth

No comments:

Post a Comment