Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crew Sweeps Tribe

I can still say "tribe" right? That's politically correct? Oh wait, it's not? Well, how about this...."Brewers Sweep Native-Americans". Better?

Apparently FSWisconsin picked up last night's signal off of WMLW and the game was aired. I was not aware of this. My channel guide did not make me aware of this. So I was unable to watch the game last night. Instead, I checked in via radio and using my Ipod's MLB At-Bat application. More on this later in the post...

It took extra innings and Trevor Hoffman blowing save, but the Crew was able to fight of the pesky Engines (take a joke people). The final score was 9-8 in 11 innings.

The bad news that came from this dramatic game: Ryan Braun exited late in the game with lower-back tightness. I found this out by using Twitter. I hate this "social networking" site, but I am signed-up and "friends" with Tom Haudricourt and Heyman from SI. Heyman's a douche, but TH actually has some good insight in to the game, considering that he's right there watching and knows about injuries before Brian and Bill do, typically.

Corey Hart (9), Hardy (6) and Bill Hall (5)....YES...I SAID BILL HALL, all homered for the Crew.
Craig Counsell added a triple and a double
Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and Corey Hart all doubled as well.
The only Brewers who struck out last night? Mike Cameron with 3 total whiffs.
Mat Gamel went 0 for 5 with a walk.
Milwaukee scored 30 runs in the series.
Suppan looked a little rocky, lasting 6 complete while giving up earned runs on 7 hits (2 BB, 2 K's) to get the no-decision.

Trevor Hoffman had his first blown save opportunity last night, with a 4-run lead. We knew it was going to happen. Now I'm curious as to how he'll rebound from this. In his past 3 outtings, he's broken 2 "hot" streaks, so to speak (ERA being 0.00 was the other).
DiFelice earned the win and Mitch Stetter collected the save.

Just throwing this out there, but it's nice to know that we do have a solid southpaw alternative for the closing role.....if Trevor Hoffman starts to struggle. We can't expect this insane hotstreak to last forever! So at least Macha has one candidate for a rotating closer or closer by committee....which I hate. And don't call me premature for saying Trevor Hoffman's level of play won't last. It will be much better than last season! Although Torres was lights out most of the second half of the season.

It's nice to see players other than Braun, Fielder, and McGehee start hitting. Hart & Hardy both play a crucial role with this club.

p.s: I'm still pissed at Hart for swinging at every first-pitch last year...especially in October.

For those that live in the dark ages and don't own an Ipod Touch or Iphone....It's the best purchase I have ever made (tied with my 42" Panasonic Plasma TV). What makes my Ipod touch even better is THIS! I purchased the MLB At-Bat for my Ipod and I love it. It allows me to listen to (almost) every game by using either teams' radio station. It also has up-to-the-minute score updates and boxscores. I can't say enough about it. Well....it just got better!
I can now watch (some) games on my Ipod...at work, while camping, or on the road (pending internet signal). I can't wait. Love it! If you own an ipod or iphone, I highly recommend this application. It's $10 or $11 bucks for the season.

Remember one-time Brewer (for a month or so) Mike Lamb? Well, he's playing for AAA Buffalo right now. He started the season 3 for 38, but has since turned it around. I remember back in spring I accidentally called him Matt Lamb and Mark Felice (forgetting the Di). Some douche bag let me have it.
Anyone else love all the talk ESPN does on "who's a seller and who's a buyer"? Douche bags. Doug Melvin puts it wisely HERE. There are just too many good teams this season. No one, aside from your Nationals, are completely out of it. Any team could "put together a 10 game win streak". Look at the NL Central! It's June 18th and the Reds, Cards, Cubs, and Brewers are pretty damn close to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment