Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brewers Hold On/ Bats Save Suppan

Milwaukee won an old-fashion slug fest last night with their 8-6 win over Arizona last night. Jeff Suppan definately did not bring his 'A' game to the park, giving up 5 runs and 9 hits....oh yeah, no strike outs. This is now 3 straight subpar performances. Don't get me wrong, I am as happy as a pig in shit...had the offense not saved his ass, he would've been SOL.

Soup should also buy the pen a round of Miller Lite....er....MillerCoors, thanks to their outstanding performance last night. Torres earned his 14th save of the season. The only glitch, was of course, Mota who gave up a run. Other than that fart, all other relievers did their part in holding the (sometimes) explosive DBack bats at bay.

JJ Hardy continues to make me look foolish and eat my words. I believe it was only a month ago that I brought up the idea of trading JJ because he hasn't panned out. I'm not completely recanting my statement, simply adjusting it. He has been on fire the past 14 games and continues to suprise me. He is seeing the ball great, making contact, all while being patient at the plate. Not forcing their cause, like Weeks. Hardy had 2 HR's last night and 3 rbi's. Keep in mind, this could be some good trade bait, as I am still sticking to my words.

Meanwhile, Ryan Braun continued his slump by going 0-5. Hopefully the hack voters won't pay too much attention to this. Slumps or highlights tend to take a good week and a half to two weeks before votes start to react to the current trend. He should be an All Star, pending Soriano's status.

-Corey Hart's average is up to .293 thanks to last nights performance (3 for 5).

-I'm starting to think that Matt LaPorta may in fact be dealt to the Indians. I should say 'packaged'. As long as Melvin can keep either him or Gamel, it would be considered a small victory for the brass.

-All this CC Sabathia is making me want to hear some CC (Deville).

No comments:

Post a Comment